ABOUT

We’re Headed Back to DWTS!

We’re Headed Back to DWTS!

After taking some time away to make an adorable little human, I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that I’m heading back to the ballroom for season 24 of Dancing With the Stars. Oh, and Maks will be there too. [He may have won last time we were on a season together, but I’m ready to bring it.]

Some people think I’m nuts for going back to work so soon after having a baby, but I plan on taking it slow and listening to my body. And, as crazy as the DWTS schedule is, we’re so fortunate to be able to keep Shai with us most of the time for feedings, snuggles and motivation to keep at it. I know it will be a challenge, but I’m so excited to get back to performing and look forward to the other challenges ahead – including finding a costume that will keep these massive milk boobs in check.

For now, I’m focusing on getting back to my pre-baby fitness levels and enjoying these last few weeks of calm as a family – Maks has been a wonderful partner on and off the rehearsal floor, even if he is the competition.

Here’s our big announcement on Good Morning America – I talk about the difficulty of returning to such a physically demanding competition only a couple of months after giving birth and Maks mostly talks trash. Or you can check out our interview with US Weekly, online or on newsstands now.

Tune in, cheer us on, and don’t forget to vote as Maks and I make our (hopefully!) triumphant return to Dancing With the Stars, premiering March 20 on ABC. We promise to make our friends, fans and little man proud.

Photo Credit: Good Morning America

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. I really wish you and Maks could both win love watching you dance. You are not only beautiful on the outside your beautiful on the inside as well. Congratulations on your return to DWTS

Posted by: Nancy Gash on March 9, 2017 at 2:20 pm
  2. Hi Peta, my name is Shayley and I am one of your biggest fans my friend lizette and I love you so much. So we are so happy you and Maks are coming back to Dwts. Shai is the cutest baby and he looks so much like you Peta. Love, Shayley

Posted by: Shayley on March 5, 2017 at 12:50 pm
  3. Hello my name is Ambre i am your number 1 fan i watch every season i get so sad when u lose peta because i u 2 make your little baby shai proud. i am 11 yrs old if u want 2 contact me that will be unknown but see u on the next season of dancing with the stars.

Posted by: Ambre Richards on February 25, 2017 at 1:57 pm
  4. I am beyond thrilled that Peta and Maks are going to be on DWTS Season 24!!!!!!!!!!!…They are by far, my favorite dancers and it is my favorite show of all time!!!!!, yayyyy!!!….I love it and i record it so that i can turn up the volume and dance right along with ya:))), in the comfort of my own home when no one is watching me…lol….Love you both so very much and look forward to a great dancing season and how i will get to see precious Shai also, cause i know he will be there, hehe:))…xoxoxo

Posted by: Sheri Rae Fischer on February 25, 2017 at 1:29 pm
  5. this going to be the best season is incredible i love the show I start watching the show in the season 18 and become in my favorite tv show maks,peta,sharna and val are my favorite pros so is awesome thar maks and peta are back

Posted by: Diana Marcela Cruz Romero on February 24, 2017 at 1:23 pm
  6. Super exciting news that both you and Maks will be back this season!!! Watching DWTS makes Monday’s more bearable:)

Possible future city tour with the 3 of you (Maks, Val & Peta?!?!) ???!!!!

Love watching you all!

Posted by: Amanda on February 24, 2017 at 11:31 am
  7. Soooooooo glad you will be back!! The show will be so much more worth watching with you guys on it. Thanks for coming back!!

Posted by: Robynn on February 22, 2017 at 4:40 pm
  8. AWESOME SO GLAD BOTH OF YOU ARE COMING BACK LOVE LOVE LOVE DWTS AND THE WHOLE CAST

Posted by: brenda on February 22, 2017 at 3:52 pm
  9. what awesome news. Love to watch each of you do what you love.

Posted by: marla rennie on February 22, 2017 at 11:42 am
  10. Hi
    It’s great that your both coming back ..
    looking forward to the show ..

Posted by: Leslie on February 22, 2017 at 10:28 am